Gravis Telephone Surveys Shows Rauner Leading – Poll Spells Trouble For Governor Quinn
Industry: Politics & Political Organizations
Latest Telephone Survey Shows Mark Kirk Vs FLOTUS, Will Michelle Obama run? According to the latest Gravis telephone poll, Obama could be Senator Mark Kirk
Orlando, Florida (PRUnderground) April 8th, 2014
Telephone Survey: Rauner Hits The Ground Running
Gravis Marketing conducted a random telephone survey by automated calls to landlines of 806 registered Illinois voters regarding current events, including potential gubernatorial and senate candidates between March 21 and March 22. The poll carries a margin of error of ± 3%.
Recent poll results indicate candidate for Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner (R) has already established an advantage over incumbent Pat Quinn (D) who suffers from dismal job approval ratings of 33.1%, which could potentially decline more given the impending fight over the continuation of the temporary increase in the state’s income tax rate and ongoing fiscal crisis. Rauner’s numbers when compared to Quinn’s appear promising, however a great deal of uncertainty with 25.2% of Independents and 34.3% of Republicans expressing uncertainty about his candidacy.
Poll results also indicated that voters would prefer Mark Kirk (R) (47%) to a potential candidacy by First Lady, Michelle Obama (42%) in 2016.
Highlights of the telephone poll include:
· Bruce Rauner currently holds a 43% to 35% advantage over sitting Governor Pat Quinn with 22% reporting uncertainty on the metric of candidate preference.
· Respondents asked, “Do you approve or disapprove of Democrat Pat Quinn?” Based on these results Governor Quinn’s current approval ratings across all party affiliations rests at 33.1%. Independents provided the lowest approval numbers at 19.0%. Within his own party, a small majority of Democrats (56.2%) approved of the job Quinn was doing as Governor.
· Approval of candidate Bruce Rauner, 29.1% of respondents from all parties approved of him as a candidate with only 49.3% of Republicans indicating approval.
· Rauner’s approval ratings carry considerable uncertainty with 25.2% of Independents and 34.3% of Republicans expressing uncertainty.
· President Obama’s approval ratings in his home state were mixed with only 46% approving of the work he is doing. Based on the poll results, the President appears to lack solid approval from Independents where 55.1% indicated they disapproved of his job performance.
· Respondents were asked “If the 2016 election for U.S. Senate or held today, And the candidates are senator Mark Kirk and First Lady Michelle Obama who would you vote for?” Across all party identifiers, 47% stated a preference for Mark Kirk while 42% expressed a preference for First Lady, Michelle Obama.
Gravis Marketing http://gravismarketing.com/services/polling-and-market-research/ is an award-winning public relations firm with a clientele including political campaigns, public affairs organizations, consultants, and nonprofit organizations all across the globe. Founded in 2010 by Doug Kaplan, Gravis Marketing is an industry leader in innovative turnkey campaign solutions specializing in innovative call center technologies. Gravis using registred voter files when conducting public opinion polls
About Gravis Marketing
Gravis Marketing is an award-winning public relations firm with a clientele including political
campaigns, public affairs organizations, consultants, and nonprofit organizations all across the
globe. Founded in 2010 by Doug Kaplan, Gravis Marketing is an industry leader in innovative
turnkey campaign solutions specializing in innovative call center technologies.