Top Ten Reasons to Check Out the All New www.artswestchester.org
Whether you live in Ossining and like contemporary dance, work in White Plains and like to see jazz, or you’re looking for something for your children to do on the weekends, an easy to use, comprehensive new web-site will put everything you need to know about cultural events in Westchester just a click away.
White Plains, N.Y. (PRUnderground) July 19th, 2010
Whether you live in Ossining and like contemporary dance, work in White Plains and like to see jazz, or you’re looking for something for your children to do on the weekends, an easy to use, comprehensive new web-site will put everything you need to know about cultural events in Westchester just a click away. At a celebratory breakfast and press conference on Monday, April 12 local leaders got a first look at artswestchester.org, a comprehensive new web site which has been designed as a “one-stop” destination for kids events, music of every genre, exhibitions, live theatre, readings, films…and much more.
Attending the April 12th launch party were representatives of the media, public officials, business and community leaders, artists, musicians, and representatives of ArtsWestchester’s affiliate organizations. The celebratory breakfast for www.artswestchester.org took place at The Arts Exchange, 31 Mamaroneck Avenue, White Plains, NY. For more information call (914) 428-4220.
The launch included a week of virtual events, designed to highlight key features of the web site, and ended with a free open to the open house party on Saturday, April 17, from 12-3 pm, (also at the Arts Exchange). The Open House Party will feature music, face painting, a cyber café, a photo booth, contests, prizes and sweepstakes. Everyone who created a new profile on ArtsWestchester.org during the week starting April 12th was entered to win a new “iPad,” the hot new Apple product.
“The new www.artswestchester.org has been over two years in the making,” explains ArtsWestchester Executive Director Janet T. Langsam. “Building a comprehensive site that presents all of the arts in an accessible manner has been a significant undertaking. Not only will the new web site be a much needed resource for the public, but it will individually showcase 130 of our affiliate arts organizations and 600 Westchester artists. In this way, it will allow the public to access an entire cultural network and take part in a vibrant online community.”
A key feature of the new www.artswestchester.org is that it will allow each user to personalize the site to their needs. For example, a Chappaqua resident will be able to create a profile with preferences for photographic exhibition news in northern Westchester. The site will automatically alert them of events that meet their specific interests. The website was developed by Marknet Group Inc of Brewster, NY.
“There really isn’t any web site like this right now in Westchester,” says David Neidhart of consultant to the Tarrytown Music Hall — an easy to use resource where you can see everything that is happening at a glance. The individual for arts organization and individual artists are wonderful resources for the public.”
TOP TEN Reasons why you should visit the new www.artswestchester.org, the Go-To place for Arts & Entertainment Events in Westchester
1. You’ll be able to easily browse our comprehensive arts events calendar. This up-to-the minute database will be drawn from more than 130 of ArtsWestchester’s affiliate and associate arts organizations including film offerings, every genre of music, museums, theatre, dance, family events, lectures, special events, etc… A powerful search tool will give residents multiple ways to search hundreds of events.
2. You’ll get great discounts and special deals on tickets to cultural events on the “Deals and Discounts” pages.
3. By visiting artswestchester.org’s “Free Events” page, you can leave your wallet at home
4. With just one click, you’ll be able to find out about classes, workshops, kid’s classes and camps in ArtsWestchester.org’s special “Classes and Workshops” sections.
5. You can “Make it yours!” Our highly customizable interface makes user- tailored recommendations, saves your information and lets you see the things that matter to you first.
6. Users can check out, save and share event details with one click and, make instant ticket purchases, save events to their personal calendars, receive email reminders of events, and rate events.
7. You’ll stay up to date with user customized email alerts featuring events and news based on your interests and updates (RSS feeds) of your favorite pages.
8. You’ll Learn about each of ArtsWestchester’s affiliates and associate arts organizations in the “Places to Go” directory, featuring over 100 pages complete with informative text about each organization, photos, video footage and links.
9. You’ll enjoy a virtual gallery of 450+ Westchester artists. A free service to any artist living in Westchester County, each artist can have their own page featuring background information, photos, links, etc…A special “Artists Café” will allow artists to link up with each other for gigs, to collaborate, to
sell items, etc…
10. You’ll get linked in with all that Westchester County has to offer culturally.
ArtsWestchester is your connection to the arts. Founded in 1965, it is the largest, private, not-for-profit arts council in New York State; its mission is to provide leadership, vision, and support, to ensure the availability, accessibility, and diversity of the arts. ArtsWestchester provides programs and services that enrich Westchester: our grants help fund concerts, exhibitions and plays; we bring artists into schools and community centers; we advocate for the arts and build audiences through our marketing initiatives. In 1998, ArtsWestchester purchased the nine-story neo-classical bank building at 31 Mamaroneck Avenue which has since been transformed into the Arts Exchange, a multi-use resource for artists, cultural organizations, and the community.