6 Press release ideas to kick off 2021
(PRUnderground) January 21st, 2021
As we start up a new year, the team at PRunderground.com wanted to share some ideas for your next press release. It is always good to keep a steady stream of company announcements out on the web and in Google News to show your company is active and growing. This in turn gives confidence and positive updates to potential customers, existing clients, business partners, investors, journalists, and even employees when they see your company issuing news online. Companies with no recent news may look like they are in trouble, or possibly even out of business. The right frequency is likely monthly or quarterly for a company to be perceived as active.
It can be hard to come up with fresh ideas for news releases but here are 6 that are relevant now.
- Growth in 2020? Did your company overcome the odds and actually grow in 2020? If your company hit record revenue in 2020, despite the pandemic, the economic downturn, stay at home mandates and more, put out an announcement about your success.
- No Covid Layoffs? Was your company able to not layoff anyone in 2020 due to covid? Maybe you even hired new people to help the job market? Amazing! Write it up in a press release.
- Charitable Donations? If you donated volunteer time, products/services or money to organizations in need in 2020, tell the world about your good deed. Your company will look good and you might inspire others to volunteer or donate as well.
- Important Retirements? A lot of people ended up retiring early last year (or are about to). Maybe you can announce their retirement after so many years of service to your company. Make them feel special.
- New Products or Services? Did your company launch a new product or service that is available while many of us are still in work from home lock-down mode?
- Rescheduled Events? Did an event or conference get cancelled and rescheduled for 2021? Let people know.
These are just some ideas relevant to the current times. For a lot more press release ideas, check out “14 Easy press release topic ideas (with real PR examples)“.
Have ideas but need a writer to make them happen? Here is a list of 4 affordable independent press release writers.