Baldor Specialty Foods Announces BITE 2018, An All-Day Food Fete Featuring Industry Panels & Pop-Ups
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Highlights include: Harry’s Berries and Bronx Brewery ‘My Berry Own IPA’ Unveiling, Heritage Pig Butchering, and Industry Notables Discussing Current Hot Topics
Hunts Point, NY (PRUnderground) April 23rd, 2018
Baldor Specialty Foods, the premier ingredient source for top chefs, announced today the line-up of its biennial BITE celebration on Wednesday May 2nd, from noon to 5 pm in the Maiden Lane Premiere Event Space at 180 Maiden Lane in NYC’s Seaport District.
Baldor plans a day filled with presentations, panel discussions, cooking demos, and a grand tasting hall where over 100 farms and partners will sample the fruits of their labor. The BITE event typically attracts more than a two thousand, chefs, restaurateurs, farmers, and retailers.
“BITE lets us celebrate the world’s best food with the industry’s top talent,” said Baldor Specialty Foods CEO, TJ Murphy. “We work with some of the best farms in the world and the most talented people in the food industry. BITE is the meeting place where chefs and producers build new bonds across the supply chain. It is our opportunity to bring all these parties together, as partners, to network, share ideas, and, most importantly, celebrate great food!”
- The unveiling of the highly anticipated My Berry Own IPA, a Northeast IPA made from Harry’s Berries world renowned strawberries. The invite-only happy hour is at 11 am (the best time to drink beer according to experts).
- A heritage pig butchering and demo at 1:45 pm with Erika Nakamura and Jocelyn Guest (formerly of White Gold Butchers).
- Avocados From Mexico’s pop-up steak house, which will be seating 10 guests every 30 minutes.
- From 1-5 pm, an educational program, “Inside Track”, produced by Care of Chan and featuring top industry experts and notables (including Amy Hepworth of Hepworth Farms, Andrew Tarlow of Marlow & Sons, Gabriel Stulman of Happy Cooking Hospitality, Aaron Ginsberg from Make It Nice, and Shake Shack CEO, Randy Garutti and more) discussing:
- The Future of Farming and the Organic Debate at 1 PM
- From Hot Dog Stand to Fast-Casual Heavyweight — The Shake Shack Story at 2 PM
- Progress in the Restaurant Industry: Culture and Employee Rights at 3 PM
- The Chef’s Choice: Choosing the Right Opportunities at 4 PM
Ron Joyce and Dr. Allen Williams, aka “The Godfather” of Grass-Fed Beef from Joyce Farms will be giving a presentation about the future and the company’s direction towards “regenerative farming”.
“The Baldor mission is to serve our supplier community and customers to the highest degree in the industry and beyond. BITE gives us a stage to present news ways of thinking that could influence and improve the ways we run our business. It’s our job to support our community with new ideas, and of course, new and amazing ingredients. ” said Baldor’s Senior Director of Marketing and Development, Benjamin Walker.
Baldor BITE will close with a South Street Seaport after party held at Industry Kitchen, where industry VIP’s across all sectors will mingle, dine and have fun. Food will be provided by many notable NYC food establishments.
For more information about Baldor BITE 2018 go to: http://www.baldorfood.com/bite
If you’re interested in attending as a press member contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Care of Chan:
Care of Chan offers services tied to communications, brand management and event production in the food, restaurant and home space. Founded in 2016 by Sue S. Chan, the agency serves a medium between creative ideas in hospitality and the rest of the world.
To learn more, go to http://www.careofchan.com
About Baldor Specialty Foods
Baldor Specialty Foods is one of the largest importers and distributors of fresh produce and specialty foods in Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions. Beginning as Balducci’s fruit stand in Greenwich Village in 1946, Baldor maintains its original promise – curate and deliver the best and freshest foods in the world. Baldor seeks to provide great specialty foods and logistics that give their customers an edge.
To learn more, go to www.baldorfood.com.