Blue Fountain Media Social Ad Survey Reveals 75% Worry Ads Taking Over Feeds but 70% Click on Them
65% Like Seeing Products They Otherwise Wouldn’t have Access to - 70% Still Visit Website Before Purchase - 56% Question Authenticity of Celebrity Endorsements - 61% Don’t Mind Ads Targeting Them Specifically
New York, NY (PRUnderground) April 9th, 2019
A survey conducted by Blue Fountain Media, a Pactera Company, a leading digital marketing agency based in New York City, reveals that online consumers are becoming more receptive to the paid ads popping up in their social media feeds, with 70% reporting they are likely to click on an ad they see there, even if they are unfamiliar with the brand.
In the survey released today, Blue Fountain Media polled over 1,000 US consumers between the ages of 18-55 to learn more about their experiences, sentiments, and behaviors when encountering paid ads on social media platforms.
“We wanted to get a better sense of consumers’ perceptions around brand authenticity as it relates to paid social advertising and what role organic social plays in that perception” said Elizabeth Minton, Head of Corporate Marketing at Blue Fountain Media. “We were surprised to see that even though 75% of respondents feel ads are taking over their feeds, 70% are reacting positively to those ads – even for unknown brands — which indicates even smaller businesses can make an impact with their social ad buys.”
Here are some of the survey’s chief findings:
- Only 10% will just click and buy a product they see. 70% want to visit a company’s website. before buying a product off of their social feed and 21% say they will never buy through a social media ad.
- 36% report discounts are the biggest motivation to buy a product they see in a social media ad. 33% say the actual product is what moves them to make a purchase.
- 61% don’t mind ads that target them by demographic. Though 39% say they don’t like that practice at all – with 24% of those saying it’s actually “creepy.”
Impact of Influencer/Celebrity Endorsements:
- 51% will purchase from an influencer or celebrity endorsed brand – with 8% making the purchase even if they have no interest in the product!
- 37% say influencers and celebrities have no impact on their purchasing decisions.
- 56% question the authenticity of an influencer or celebrity endorsement. 43% could care less.
Biggest Consumer Turn-Offs:
- 28% say being served ads for products for which they have no interest whatsoever.
- 27% say ads that interrupt their browsing with loud audio.
- 23% say the barrage of similar ads that keep following them once they click on an ad once.
“We regularly conduct surveys like this to track consumer perceptions and inform the strategies and campaigns we create for our clients at Blue Fountain Media,” says Minton. “It’s encouraging to see that consumers are accepting social media ads, enjoy that they are being served relevant products and services, and still have healthy skepticism when it comes to questions of authenticity and paid endorsements.”
To see complete survey results please visit:
To learn more about Blue Fountain Media’s services and leadership team, please visit: www.bluefountainmedia.com.
About Blue Fountain Media
Blue Fountain Media, a Pactera Company, is a New York-based digital agency helping businesses grow by creating high-performing websites and digital marketing campaigns that turn customer insights into leads and sales. With experience across all industries, Blue Fountain Media helps clients such as Peterbilt, Workfront, Service King and Bowlero increase brand recognition by designing and developing enterprise websites, and cross-platform integrated marketing campaigns.