campersAPP Launches Augmented Reality Scavenger Hunts and Trivia Games to Complement Campground Themed Weekends
Parks enabled with campersAPP are poised to have more fun than ever. campersAPP now features next generation scavenger hunts utilizing augmented reality that are simple for parks to implement and can make a camping experience truly memorable.
Burlington, Vermont (PRUnderground) May 26th, 2021
Camping is a vital part of American life that many families and friends can hardly get enough of. In recent years many campgrounds have added to the fun with the addition of themed weekends such as Christmas in July, Pirate’s weekend, Halloween weekend, and more. To make things even more entertaining and engaging campersAPP, an increasingly popular, breakthrough app that has changed the way campers connect with campgrounds, has released Augmented Reality Themed Weekend Experience Bundles. Parks with campersAPP can now launch a variety of augmented reality scavenger hunts and experiences, which are played through the app and across their parks, giving campers another extremely entertaining way to explore the park and enjoy their stay. Augmented reality functionality is expected to help campgrounds enhance their marketing capabilities with experiences that can be deployed at their park, online, and in their local communities. Parks who are not using campersAPP are encouraged to come onboard and be part of the exciting tech-enhanced future of camping.
“At campersAPP we are striving to create something campers have never seen before while providing parks with experiences that “wow” their guests. This is a core part of our mission and we believe these new games will do just that” commented a spokesperson from campersAPP. “Our AR games provide a digital twist to a traditional scavenger hunt, can provide educational value, and reveal hidden surprises at every turn.”
Guests who visit campersAPP enabled parks can partake in these scavenger hunts and earn digital badges at the completion of each game. The games can be played multiple times to earn a higher level badge with every win.
campersAPP’s current Augmented Reality Experience Bundles include:
- Pirate’s Loot, an adventurous scavenger hunt featuring 3D animated doubloons, pirate music, and pirate phrases throughout. Also available for Pirate’s Weekend are two character visits, an animated pirate and flying parrot can be launched at the park encouraging photo taking and sharing. Pirate’s Loot video preview: https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/552587859
- Memorial Day AR Trivia Game, an educational game that provides players with historical facts about the holiday.
- Super Heroes Hunt, an AR game that celebrates everyday heroes, powered by clues in the form of heroic quotes.
- Campground Hunt, a scavenger hunt that entails gathering 20 camping items scattered around the park.
- Flower Hunt, a scavenger hunt created to celebrate Mother’s Day.
- S’mores Daily, a customized magical newsletter that comes to life with the AR camera in campersAPP.
- 4th of July Hunt, an AR game that celebrates Independence Day and includes the Star Spangled Banner and fireworks show.
- Luau Hunt, a fun island themed scavenger hunt that celebrates summer.
- Reindeer Run, a scavenger hunt for Christmas in July weekend featuring animated reindeer.
- 12 Days of Christmas Scavenger Hunt, a game that reveals a number of popular holiday traditions families partake in leading up to Christmas.
- An Easter Egg AR Hunt sure to be a favorite with kids of all ages, featuring 28 digital eggs with hidden surprises in each egg.
- And two Halloween-focused Scavenger Hunts, Sweet Sweep Digital Trick-or-Treat game, and 3D Pumpkin Search, a scavenger hunt featuring pop up jack-o-lanterns.
The Augmented Reality Experience Bundles are included with all campersAPP subscriptions at no additional cost. Parks can expect to see additional games and experiences added throughout the season. Other features that make campersAPP so popular include a safety-focused campground alert system; mobile camp store, digital check-in with interactive campground maps; activity calendar with reminders; and the ability to check vacancies and book open campsites through an integrated campsite marketplace called Site Tonite.
campersAPP is available for download on both iOS and Android devices.
For more information, visit: https://www.campersapp.com.
campersAPP is a revolutionary app that has changed the way campers connect with campgrounds; providing unique digital capabilities that can only be found using the campersAPP software. Through the use of campersAPP guests can locate and book open campsites, get answers to common FAQ’s, purchase goods and services, receive real-time alerts and much more. campersAPP is the only app parks need to engage, market to and support their digitally connected guests.