Tips To Find The Perfect Roof Design For Your Home – Shared By Hubbard Roofing & Exteriors Inc.
Calgary, Alberta (PRUnderground) January 28th, 2023
Your roof is an integral part of your home and the first line of defense against the elements. Whether you are looking to buy a new home or build one, the design of your roof should be about more than just appearance, as some tend to function better than others in Alberta’s climate. If you’ve never considered the style of your roof before, worry not! Hubbard Roofing & Exteriors Inc., a prominent roofing company in Calgary, AB, is here to assist you by providing some valuable tips.
- The ideal roof for Alberta’s snow-filled winter months and rainy spring months is a pitched roof which is designed to shed precipitation better than a low-slope or flat roof.
- We recommend a roof with at least a 4/12 pitch, although a 6/12 pitch is even better. Something to keep in mind – a steeper pitch will generally be more expensive to install or replace due to the extra precautions and time the installers will need when working at a steeper slope.
- If you have a valley (as many do), we recommend an open valley over a closed one. An open valley tends to last longer than a closed one as it has exposed metal flashing to funnel water, whereas a closed valley is covered with shingles that tend to deteriorate quicker than the rest of the roof.
- One of the most significant aspects of any roof design is ventilation. Ensure your roof has both intake and exhaust vents which allows air to flow through the attic. If your ventilation is not balanced it can cause air to become trapped in the attic. Cold air trapped in the winter can cause condensation build-up, leading to issues like attic rain, ice damming and mold, and mildew, to name a few. In the summer if the warm air cannot escape it will quickly become hot air which can heat the roof deck from the inside, shortening the lifespan of your roof. A hot attic in the summer is not energy efficient and will warm up a house, causing the air conditioner to work harder than necessary.
- Finally, you should pay close attention to any “cut” in the roof. From vents to valleys, skylights to sun tunnels, these need to be installed and caulked properly to ensure they are sealed tight against the exterior elements.
About Hubbard Roofing & Exteriors Inc.
Established in September of 1985, Hubbard Roofing & Exteriors Inc. is one of the oldest companies in the Alberta region with an unbeatable reputation, offering roof replacements and exterior home renovations. As a family-run business, they have vast knowledge in the field and a great team to bring about the best outcome for their customers. “We love what we do and are proud of the knowledge we have collectively as a team regarding the exterior system of a house” – says the family. They strive to be the company that will be there for the people when they need them. Recently, they have received the prestigious ThreeBestRated® award by cracking the rigorous 50-Point Inspection. Noteworthy is that it is their third time to be honoured as the top roofing company in Calgary, AB.
They are providing customer-centered service as they say – “Our reputation is built on our customer’s feedback and referrals, and without them, we would not be doing what we love, in the city we love, for almost 40 years”.
From hail repairs to attic rain inspections, the services they offer include roof repairs, roof tune-up, roof ventilation, ice damming, replacement, and exterior remodelling. To get your roof work done, visit their website: https://hubbardexteriors.com/
Three Best Rated® was created in 2014 with the simple goal of finding the top 3 local businesses, professionals, restaurants, health care providers, and everything in-between, in any city. Every business is meticulously handpicked by our employees. We check business’s reputation, history, complaints, ratings, proximity, satisfaction, trust, cost, general excellence, reviews, and more, using our 50-Point Inspection. We only display businesses that are verified by our employees. Other places will call this “hard work” and “unnecessary”. We call it “due diligence” and “the right thing to do”. Our website is updated on a regular basis for quality and the latest business information.
Three Best Rated has the honor of helping 4.5 million customers every month find the best businesses in any city – without any effort!