Blue Fountain Media UX Trends Survey Finds 81% Think Less of a Brand if Website is Not Up to Date
More than half claim speed and ease of use affects online experience most
New York, NY (PRUnderground) December 18th, 2018
With 2019 quickly approaching, Blue Fountain Media, a leading digital marketing agency, conducted an online survey, Consumer Trends in Content and Commerce Web User Experiences, to take consumers’ pulse on their user experience. Today, the agency is releasing results that show a whopping 81 percent of respondents think less of a brand if their website is not updated.
The findings also reveal that consumers value the speed and ease of use of a website, citing it’s the most impactful part of their online experience. In fact, over 41 percent of respondents wouldn’t mind a website storing their data if it meant more convenience and as long as their data is safe.
Here are some key findings of the survey:
- 81% of respondents think less of a brand if their website is not updated.
- 41% don’t mind if websites store their personal data to make it more convenient – as long as it doesn’t put their data at risk.
- Close to 40% are concerned about their privacy online.
- Half (50%) of respondents like being served up relevant ads based on browser history but are wary about how else their data might be used.
- Half (50%) of respondents say user content, like reviews and photos help them most while shopping.
- 43% ranked ease of use as a top priority in making their online experience better, over secure transactions, and privacy.
- 74% of respondents said they would, of course, download their favorite brand’s mobile app.
- Close to one-third of those surveyed say no search box is the biggest website turn-off.
- More than 40% say a search box is the most important feature on a content website.
- When asked to rank what affects their online experience most, 58% of respondents said speed and ease were the most impactful over the others.
“The survey shows just how impactful a brand’s website is to consumers. In this digital age, a business’ website is their image and first impression. It’s so important to keep your website current to stay relevant and keep your business competitive,” said Brian Byer, VP, Content & Commerce Practice Lead.
To view the full survey results, please visit https://www.bluefountainmedia.com/insights.
About Blue Fountain Media
Blue Fountain Media, a Pactera Company, is a New York-based digital agency helping help businesses grow by creating high-performing websites and digital marketing campaigns that turn customer insights into leads and sales. With experience across all industries, Blue Fountain Media helps clients such as CDK Global, Peterbilt, Workfront, Service King and Bowlero increase brand recognition by designing and developing enterprise websites, and cross-platform integrated marketing campaigns.