CCH Film Festival to Feature Screenings, Industry Panels, and Keynote by Writer/Director Boots Riley
The 2018 CCH Film Festival, a free event that will present and honor original films by Columbia College Hollywood’s students and graduates, will be held on 11/9 and 10.
Hollywood, CA (PRUnderground) October 24th, 2018
The 2018 CCH Film Festival, a free event that will present and honor original films by Columbia College Hollywood’s students and graduates, will be held on November 9 and 10. Along with the screenings of 44 films, the event will also feature conversations with industry professionals, demonstrations of products by leading manufacturers, door prizes/raffles, and a keynote address by award winning writer, director, activist, and rapper Boots Riley (“Sorry to Bother You”/Annapurna Pictures).
“The CCH Film Festival is our opportunity to showcase emerging filmmakers to the industry and celebrate their talent with family and friends,” says Chrissy Shannon, Director of Career Development & Alumni Relations at Columbia College Hollywood. “The opportunity to learn from industry guest speakers, participate in demos of cutting edge gear, and enjoy the work of our diverse body of students and graduates will keep attendees busy throughout the entire two day event.”
The 2018 CCH Film Festival will feature a variety of presentations and activities, including:
- Screenings of 44 films by CCH students and alumni in four categories: Drama, Comedy, Femme, Horror/SciFi, and Soundsations.
- A keynote address by writer, director, activist, and rapper Boots Riley, who wrote and directed the critically acclaimed 2018 film “Sorry to Bother You” (Annapurna Pictures).
- Discussions with writer/animator Annah Feinberg (“Ballroom Room”, “Veep”, “Arrested Development”); film industry disabilities advocate and motivational speaker Becky Curran (Disability:IN); editor Michael P. Shawver (“Black Panther”, “Creed”, “Fruitvale Station”); and VP of Feature Film Development Ryan Turek (Blumhouse Productions).
- Tech demos by RED Camera and Digital Sputnik.
- Vendor exhibitions by the Motion Picture Editors Guild, Birns & Sawyer Hollywood, Wrapal, and NewFilmmakers Los Angeles.
- An awards ceremony for the top three screened films (selected by CCH faculty and entertainment industry judges)
Panels at the Festival will include:
- “Producing LGBTQ+ Content for Web Series and Shorts”
- “Acting in the Age of Streaming”
- “Advancing Your Career as an Emerging Film Industry Professional”
The 2018 CCH Film Festival is sponsored by Avid, Final Draft, LA Femme Film Festival, New Filmmakers Los Angeles, Backstage, and HB. It will take place at Columbia College Hollywood (18618 Oxnard Street in Los Angeles) on Friday, November 9 and Saturday, November 10 from 9:00am to 6:00pm. For free registration, visit the Festival’s Eventbrite page.
About Columbia College Hollywood
Founded in 1952, Columbia College Hollywood is a nonprofit, regionally accredited liberal arts college with a focus on creative media.
Columbia College Hollywood educates students in the art and science of communications and the diverse media of contemporary storytelling within an exploration of the liberal arts.
Columbia College Hollywood is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) to offer Bachelor of Fine Arts and Associate of Fine Arts degree programs in Cinema with an emphasis in acting, cinematography, directing, editing and visual effects, new media, producing, sound, and writing.