Chicago Area Premier Electrical Company, Ravinia Plumbing, Heating, & Electric, Offers Generator Installation Services
Ravinia Plumbing, Heating, & Electric provides generator installation across the Chicagoland area just in time for fall and winter.
Chicago, IL (PRUnderground) September 9th, 2019
Despite homeowners’ best efforts, power outages can and do occur in the Chicago area – especially during severe weather events that include strong winds or heavy snowfall. While homeowners can protect themselves and their homes from the effects of power outages with generators, it is crucial to ensure they are installed correctly for their safety. Ravinia Plumbing, Heating, & Electric, located in Highland Park and serving the entire Chicagoland area, offers expert generator installation to provide homeowners with peace of mind.
Per the team at Ravinia, power outages happen, and when they go on long enough, they can result in significant costly damage. Things like basement flooding due to a failed sump pump, missed communications, lack of light, lost data due to computer shutdowns, food spoilage, and even damage to appliances due to their sudden shutdown. In the worst-case scenario, homeowners may even face the threat of burglary due to the lack of proper security.
Standby generators are the best option for preventing the issues that can arise from power outages, but not all generators are the same. Traditional generators must be set up, fueled up, and turned on by the homeowner following a power outage, so if homeowners are away when the power outage occurs, it can be problematic. Generators that sense power outages and kick on automatically are by far the best defense, and the team at Ravinia Plumbing, Heating, & Electric are experts in their installation, repair, and maintenance.
The expert professionals recommend purchasing a unit that is the right size for your needs, and they also recommend looking for the following features:
- Battery power and charger: Battery powered generators are by far the best option. The best models come with built-in charging mechanisms that ensure the battery is full when the power is on.
- Automatic power transfer: This feature is controlled by a microprocessor that will automatically switch to backup power when an outage occurs. This is crucial for outages that occur while homeowners are away.
- Time delay: The transition from generator power to utility power should be delayed just slightly for the best results, so a generator needs to have a time delay function to ensure the smoothest transition.
- Automatic exerciser feature: Things with moving parts need to be exercised now and then in order to ensure they are in good condition. Homeowners should look for a model with an automatic exerciser that will kick the unit on every so often.
- Safety shutdown feature: If something goes wrong with the generator while the homeowner is away, this feature shuts the generator off to prevent further issues.
To learn more about Ravinia Plumbing, Heating, & Electric, to secure financing for a new generator installation, or to schedule your appointment, you can visit the company’s website or call them at (847)448-0307. For more info please visit https://raviniaplumbing.com/.