Columbia College Hollywood to Offer Free Filmmaker Workshops and Tech Demos at "Discover CCH" Event
Columbia College Hollywood, one of L.A.'s top film schools according to Niche.com, will present a Discover CCH open house event on Saturday, May 19 from 10am to 2pm.
Los Angeles, CA (PRUnderground) May 7th, 2018
Columbia College Hollywood, which is recognized by Niche as being one of the most affordable and top ranked colleges for film production in the Los Angeles area, will present a Discover CCH Open House event on Saturday, May 19 from 10am to 2pm. This free event will take place at the school’s campus at 18618 Oxnard Street in Tarzana, and will feature tech demos, filmmaker workshops, door prizes, faculty panels, and tours of the school’s facilities, classrooms, and studios.
“Discover CCH will be the perfect opportunity for students to get a taste of the valuable educational and career-building benefits that our many programs have to offer,” says Jessica Wiltgen, Vice President, Admissions at Columbia College Hollywood. “Everyone who attends will have the opportunity to learn about the latest in filmmaking technology, network with our faculty of experienced filmmaking professionals, and get all the info they need to decide if our industry-immersive community is the right fit for their future plans.”
Discover CCH will present the following activities throughout the day:
- Interactive workshops in Acting, Digital Sculpting, and Screenwriting (online sign-up required).
- A motion capture demo led by Peter Gend (VFX credits include “Fantastic Four”, “Speed Racer”, “The Simpsons Movie”), who is the chair of the CCH Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Effects (VFX) and Graphic Design & Interactive Media (GDIM) programs.
- Faculty-led demonstrations of Acting, Directing, Editing, and Cinematography.
- A faculty-led demonstration of the latest VFX technology, including Perception Neuron System, Adobe After Effects, and Cinema 4D.
- A panel featuring a collection of some of CCH’s top faculty members, including Bridget Terry (Emmy and ACE nominated writer/producer for programs on Showtime, CBS, TNT, PBS, and Lifetime), Julie Janney (a working actress for more than 30 years in film, television, and theatre), and Jennie Lew Tugend (producer/co-producer of such franchises as “Free Willy”, “Lethal Weapon” and HBO’s “Tales from the Crypt”).
- Information about the school’s new Bachelor of Fine Arts programs in VFX and GDIM.
- Info sessions about admissions, financial aid, career services, and housing.
- A tour of the school’s professional facilities, studio classrooms, group writing environments, family rooms, and standing sets.
- Door prizes ($25 Amazon gift cards, CCH swag, and a Zhiyun Smooth Q Smartphone Stabilizer, which is a top rated accessory that allows for professional cinematic camerawork)
Columbia College Hollywood’s Discover CCH event will be held on Saturday, May 19 from 10am to 2pm at the school’s campus, located at 18618 Oxnard Street in Tarzana. Attendance is free, but space is limited. To RSVP, visit the event’s sign-up page (NOTE: there are limited openings for the faculty-led workshops, and the Directing workshop is full).
For more information, contact CCH at (818) 345-8414.
About Columbia College Hollywood
Founded in 1952, Columbia College Hollywood is a nonprofit, regionally accredited liberal arts college with a focus on creative media.
Columbia College Hollywood educates students in the art and science of communications and the diverse media of contemporary storytelling within an exploration of the liberal arts.
Columbia College Hollywood is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) to offer Bachelor of Fine Arts and Associate of Fine Arts degree programs in Cinema with an emphasis in acting, cinematography, directing, editing and visual effects, new media, producing, sound, and writing.