Comedy and Satire Publication Robot Butt Celebrates Fifth Anniversary of Terrorizing Internet
Popular comedy site Robot Butt is celebrating five years of unleashing satire content upon the world.
Cleveland, OH (PRUnderground) February 5th, 2019
In a crowded landscape of online humor, and among plenty of sites that have come and gone, Robot Butt has separated itself not just through its quality, but its longevity. The comedy and satire publication celebrates its fifth anniversary this month, fondly looking back on its first days in February of 2014.
“We’ve been posting content nearly every single day since the moment we started,” said editor Steve DiMatteo. “With each month, we’ve been able to build an outstanding team of contributors, which will only help us grow moving forward.”
Robot Butt has become known for experimenting with different formats and themes, and has always shown a willingness to publish new types of humor writing. Combining this with the editorial team’s strong eye for comedy and a willingness to always jump into the absurd has helped the site stand apart.
Highlights of Robot Butt’s first five years include:
- Breaking the news that Chris Rock was hosting the 2016 Oscars
- Feuding with McDonald’s about the possibility of the McRib containing human meat
- Creating “theme weeks,” in which all the content being published follows a particular theme
- Developing and designing a new series of fake National Lampoon movies based on old, mostly forgotten, movie posters
- Experiencing consistent year-over-year growth in website traffic and social media followers to help build a comedy brand people now recognize
- Starting its own T-shirt line
“The ultimate goal with Robot Butt is to become one of the best humor sites on the internet,” DiMatteo said. “By publishing daily content and building our fan base through the work of the best comedy writers out there, we’re on the right path five years in and are excited for the next five ahead.”
About Robot Butt
Started in 2014, Robot Butt has become one of the most well-known comedy and satire sites, publishing a wide variety of content, from satirical news to personal essays.