Dr. Susana Trujillo Introduces: Taking Fucoidan (Mozuku, Mekabu & Fucus) Can Support Your Immunity
Industry: Health and Nutrition
Buying the most effective Fucoidan and other dietary supplements is not an easy task.
New York, NY (PRUnderground) October 23rd, 2017
Vitamins, minerals, micronutrients, polysaccharides, enzymes and probiotics are required for the normal functions of our body, and they work in synergy. All nutrients participate in complex metabolic processes in our body and interact with other nutrients either by enhancing or opposing their action. Their optimal interaction and cellular balance is the basis of health.
The most effective dietary supplementation can be achieved by combining specific and properly selected ingredient combinations. Consumption of certain ingredients has been associated with prevention of the development and progression of cancer. For example, Fucoidan, a natural sulfated polysaccharide, is extracted from various species of brown seaweed such as Mozuku, Mekabu (wakame) and Fucus. Fucoidan has shown to trigger apoptosis, inhibit inhibits the formation of new vessels by which tumor cells receive their oxygen and required nutrients (Angiogenesis) and it enhances the immune system.
Fucoidan along with other ingredient blends or combinations can:
· Help produce energy in the body’s cells.
· Help to maintain balanced cellular metabolism.
· Improve the body’s functions.
· May help to inhibit the invasion of cancer cells.
· Provide the balance needed to function better at a cellular level.
Nutrient synergy makes it possible to affect multiple biological targets at once. Studies have shown that such a synergy combination can simultaneously affect key mechanisms of cancer, improve functions of many organs, as well as having many other benefits.
It is important to remember that no single nutrient works alone in the body and that any single nutrient, or their random combinations, may result in biochemical imbalances in our body. Therefore, a person needs to be selective when consuming these natural ingredients.
Now, let’s look at the mechanism of cancer metastasis to get an idea of how these nutrients (Fucoidan, micronutrients, etc.) can support the body.
The Mechanism of Cancer Metastasis
Cancer cells use various mechanisms to grow, spread and ultimately overpower the body:
1. Cancer cell invasion and metastasis. The most critical mechanism is the ability of cancer cells to digest the connective tissue surrounding them and thereby pave the way for invasive growth and metastasis to other organs.
2. Cancer cell multiplication and tumor growth. A characteristic feature of cancer cells is a change in the biological ‘software’ in the cell core (nucleus) that renders them immortal. This explains why cancer cells multiply indefinitely – thereby gradually increasing tumor size and ultimately overwhelming the body.
3. Formation of new blood vessels that feed the tumor (Angiogenesis). If the tumor surpasses a certain size, normally 1/20 of an inch, the tumor cells can no longer be nourished from within. Therefore, growing tumors induce the formation of new blood vessels that supply oxygen and nutrients for further growth. This formation of new blood vessels is called ‘angiogenesis’. The blocking of angiogenesis has become an important target of international anti-cancer research.
4. Inducing the natural death of cancer cells (Apoptosis). We already know cancer cells never die. The immortality of cancer cells is due to a genetic ‘switch’ in the cell core. Correcting this abnormality and reversing this ‘switch’ induces natural cell death. This is a precondition for stopping the continuous multiplication of cancer cells and ultimately leading to the shrinkage and disappearance of tumors. Effectively blocking even one of these mechanisms can be sufficient to control cancer.
Ingredients that Best Work in Synergy for Optimal Health
Ingredients that Inhibit the Invasion of Cancer and Tumor Growth
Dietary supplements include macronutrients, vitamins, and minerals that are essential to human health as well as a wide variety of nonessential nutrients, such as certain phytochemicals, polysaccharides and herbs.
Ingredients that best work in synergy for optimal health:
• nutrient-rich polysaccharides (Fucoidan)
Fucoidan has shown to induce cell death within tumor cells and to increase the survival rate by suppression of metastasis and angiogenesis. The goal of cancer treatment is suppression of tumor cells ideally with minimal damage to healthy tissues. Because of the side-effects of many current treatments, the use of natural substances that cause no harm to the human body is important. A number of in vitro and in vivo studies have indicated that Fucoidan contains strong anti-cancer properties. Since Fucoidan also possesses immunomodulatory effects, it may have protective effects against development of side effects caused by the chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
A blend of three different Fucoidan extracts (Fucoidan from Mozuku, Mekabu (wakame) and Fucus) in a synergistic blend offer greater health benefits due to the wide variation of fucoidan structures, fucoidan content, sulfate content, monosaccharide constituents and molecular weight. Attention to these factors is important to be able to obtain the positive and effective results for the alternative treatment or prevention of cancer.
The most remarkable Fucoidan extracts are:
o Fucoidan Mekabu (Undaria pinnatifida) studies:
§ Fatigue: Clinical studies in Japan have noted that ingestion of 4.05 g per day of fucoidan (Cladosiphon okamuranus) reduced “fatigue” caused by common chemotherapeutic agents compared to those not taking fucoidan. Patients taking Fucoidan were able to tolerate more rounds of chemotherapy.
o Fucoidan Mozuku (Cladosiphon okamuranus) studies:
§ Breast Cancer: Fucoidan from Mozuku (Cladosiphon okamuranus) could be useful as an alternative oral therapy during or after chemotherapy or radiation therapy. Several studies, using in vitro models, have noted shown potential synergies with chemotherapy. In another type of cancer, human malignant lymphoid cell lines were pretreated with fucoidan prior to treatment with a chemotherapy drug and it greatly increasing its efficacy.
§ Liver Diseases: Fucoidan has also shown to benefit non-alcoholic liver disease caused by a pathogen. Hepatitis C is a viral infection that can lead to cirrhosis of the liver and hepatocellular carcinoma. Currently there is no available vaccine and the response rates to conventional treatments are less than ideal, however recent research suggests that there is significant potential for fucoidan in this area. A clinical study published in 2012 showed that the oral administration of Mozuku Fucoidan from Cladosiphon okamuranus was potentially usefully as a treatment. Fifteen patients with chronic hepatitis C, and HCV-related cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma were treated with fucoidan (0.83 g/day) for 12 months. There were inclinations towards lower serum alanine aminotransferase levels (which correlated with HCV RNA levels).
o Fucoidan Fucus (Fucus vesiculosus) studies:
§ Gastrointestinal problems caused by chemotherapy: Fucoidan can also be used as an agent to reduce the side effects of side effects from gastrointestinal problems during chemotherapy. The common chemotherapy drug Cisplatin causes delayed motility, decreases in body weight and changes in the levels of gastric hormones gastrin and serotonin. Fucoidan can prevent these changes. According to research, Fucoidan may help in maintaining normal gastrointestinal function during chemotherapy.
• a balanced ratio of omega 3 and omega 6 fats and would include DHA,
• flax seed as a source of phytoestrogens,
• polyphenols (Green Tea Extracts (EGCG) and Quercetin),
• supplemented with selenium,
• supplemented with methylcobalamin (B-12),
• very rich in folic acid (from dark green vegetables),
• adequate sunshine to get vitamin D, or use a supplement,
• very rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals from fruits and vegetables, including α-carotene, β-carotene, β-cryptoxanthin, vitamin C (from foods), vitamin E (from foods),
• very rich in chlorophyll,
• supplemented with beneficial probiotics,
• supplemented with oral enzymes,
• supplemented with Amino Acids
o N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC)
As you can see, there’s really nothing like Fucoidan 3-Plus on the market today. This is a brand new original product that will provide you with the nutrients needed to enhance your immune system and Quality of Life.
In Good Health,
*FDA Disclaimer: “The statements regarding this product have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease. The information on this website or in emails is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your physician. Please consult a doctor with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition.
About Dr. Susana Trujillo
About Dr. Susana Trujillo