HITLAB Hosts Digital Symposium Focused on Driving Equity and Access in Healthcare
Virtual Event brings together health leaders from across the industry to share insights on the latest evidence of how digital tech is improving access and equity
New York, NY (PRUnderground) July 25th, 2022
On Thursday, July 28th, HITLAB will host its July Digital Symposium focused on ways in which digital tech is driving access and equity in healthcare.
The virtual symposium will run from 11am-2pm EDT and will feature 3 hours of thought-provoking content with over a dozen sessions on topics such as:
- Innovative Women’s Health Tech to Reach Underserved Communities
- Leveraging Autonomous AI to Solve Disparities in Healthcare
- Effective use of Digital Tools to Improve Access to Healthcare
- Medical Equipment Manufacturing Driving Better Access to Care
- Healthcare Technology Policy Impact on Access & Equity in Healthcare
The agenda will also include expert insight from the following health leaders:
- April Smith-Hirak, Regional Health Administrator, US DHHS
- Joanne Watters, Managing Director Customer Relations, IMC, Parent Company of Intelligent Devices
- Judy Keen, Director Healthcare Association Engagement and Innovation, Novartis
- Bill Taranto, President, Merck Global Innovation Fund
- Seth Rainford, President and COO, Digital Diagnostics
- Bishen Singh, Advisor Digital Transformation, Health & Life Sciences, Microsoft
- Alex Cahana, Healthcare Expert, United Nations
- Paul Sonnier, Industry Principal Healthcare and Life Sciences, Frost &Sullivan
- Blair Hirst, Founder, Digital Health Review
- Sid Kandan, CEO, Stel Life
- Rama Rao, CEO and Co-Founder BloqCube
- Holly Varnell, Executive Director and Lead Consultant, Dream Big
- Kelly Benning, VP Sales and Marketing, LiveMetric
Attendees will have opportunities to network and interact with 1000+ professionals from across the healthcare ecosystem during the event and in supplemental breakout rooms following the symposium.
The symposium, which is being sponsored by Digital Diagnostics, will also feature an exclusive Q&A/book giveaway with author Donato Tramuto, Author of The Double Bottom Line.
“We believe everyone should have access to high-quality, affordable, convenient care to help reduce disparities and improve patient outcomes,” said Seth Rainford, President, COO, and Co-Founder of Digital Diagnostics. “Recent adoption of digital tools, such as AI, has helped to resolve some of these inequities, but challenges still exist. We are excited to be partnering with HITLAB to sponsor the July Symposium focused on the importance of increased access and improved equity in healthcare.”
“This is an epoch of significant change in healthcare, moving from phones and paper to digital processes,” said Stan Kachnowski PhD MPA, Director, Columbia Business School Digital Health Program, Visiting Professor, IIT Delhi, and Chair, HITLAB. “The past few years has seen significant increases in the use and adoption of telemedicine, virtual care and Electronic Health Records. In some cases, this has reduced disparities, but in many others it has widened issues with access and equity. Our July Symposium brings together experts from academe, government, NGOs, and industry to share the evidence on which technologies have increased access to healthcare across the world and address the gaps that remain.”
Tickets to the event are complimentary. To learn more click here.
About HITLAB Seminar Series
HITLAB’s Seminar Series bridges the gap between academic and professional healthcare. Our series serves as an outlet to facilitate connections and provide networking and growth opportunities for digital health professionals.
Since 2007, our Seminar Series has brought together leading experts – including scientists, physicians, IT architects, public health practitioners, and investors – who share a single vision: to design and scale innovative technologies that improve health outcomes around the world.