Houston Pallet Racking Company: Shelving Concepts – What to Look for When Doing a Pallet Rack Inspection
Industry: Industrial Equipment
Not all pallet racks are created equal. Leading manufacturer and distributor of pallet racks in Houston, Texas - Shelving Concepts recently gave their insight on what qualities are most important when choosing which pallet racks should be purchased.
Houston, Texas (PRUnderground) July 6th, 2020
Trying to rely on a pallet rack that isn’t up to par can be a very poor decision that ends up costing a business time, money, and maybe even injuries. Unfortunately, many people aren’t knowledgeable about what to look for when doing a pallet rack inspection. Houston, Texas-based material goods storage equipment company, Shelving Concepts (Houston’s oldest industrial shelving company) reveal the smart areas that should be focused on to best avoid problems.
“Quality is vital in a pallet rack,” commented a spokesperson from Shelving Concepts. “Knowing what to look for and taking the time to do an inspection can save serious headaches.”
According to the Houston pallet rack company, this checklist is a must:
1. Ask the seller of the racks what they think a buyer should look for.
2. Document capacities, conversations, dates and times for the answers received.
3. Let the company know the details that are needed on the quote.
4. Purchase the correct racks.
5. Install the racks correctly, on a level and adequate slab, anchored properly.
6. Plan an every three month schedule where a competent employee reviews all racks for damage, document findings, and date/time (for OSHA). This is then related to upper management, who order parts as needed and plan for a safe change out.
7. Immediate meetings for pending danger of damaged components.
8. Sufficient training for every employee on what to look for. It helps when all those employees are involved in the installation of the racks. Discuss with seller all details needed for training and inspections. Address ALL types of racks.
For more information on pallet racks in Houston and surrounding areas, be sure to visit the pallet rack, cantilever rack, and industrial shelving sales website https://shelvingconcepts.com or call the experienced professionals at Shelving Concepts at 713-957-1111 today!
Experience makes all the difference when trusting and vetting the safety and durability of your material goods handling storage equipment.
About Shelving Concepts
Shelving Concepts is a leader in Houston pallet rack sales and in all of Southeast Texas as well.
As a racking and industrial shelving manufacturer and stocking distributor in the Gulf Coast area, Shelving Concepts is your “count on us” source for pallet racks, industrial shelving, widespan shelving, rivet shelving, cantilever racking, and wire decking.