Tax Season 2023: myStockOptions Resources And Webinar Offer Crucial Guidance On Tax Returns
For US employees with stock compensation and company shares, the myStockOptions Tax Center provides expert yet easily understandable guidance on tax returns.
Boston, MA (PRUnderground) February 8th, 2023
IRS tax forms have changed for the 2023 tax-return season, adding confusion to an already complicated process for the millions of employees in the United States who have equity compensation and company shares. The 2023 tax-filing season (for 2022 income) presents more risk than ever for costly errors on tax returns. Taxpayer mistakes can lead to overpaid tax, underreported income, IRS penalties, or even an IRS audit.
The fully updated myStockOptions Tax Center provides expert yet easily understandable guidance on the filing and reporting of tax returns that involve stock options, restricted stock, restricted stock units, performance shares, stock appreciation rights, employee stock purchase plans, and sales of company stock.
- Core articles and FAQs spell out the core rules and most common mistakes. Taxpayers, their financial advisors, and their accountants can consult these to be sure they submit error-free returns.
- The reporting of stock sales is made clear by special FAQs with annotated how-to diagrams of IRS Form 8949 and Schedule D.
- Diagrams of Form W-2, Form 3922 (for employee stock purchase plans), and Form 3921 (for incentive stock options) illustrate how companies report equity compensation income to employees.
- A fun interactive quiz on tax-return topics lets you test your reporting knowledge in a painless way, before you file your return, and links to related content from the answer key.
- Animated videos include a video guide to avoiding costly mistakes that can lead to the overpayment of taxes.
- Engaging podcasts convey tips for tax returns.
“The tax reporting for stock comp income received in 2022 can be complex, given the year’s stock-market volatility and declines,” asserts Bruce Brumberg, Editor-in-Chief of myStockOptions.com. “Our goal is to help employees and their financial or tax advisors realize the full potential of stock options, restricted stock, RSUs, and ESPPs by educating them about tax rules and helping them prevent errors. The last thing you want is to pay too much tax or incur IRS penalties that take yet more money out of your pocket.”
Special Webinar: Preventing Tax-Return Mistakes With Stock Comp & Stock Sales
On February 15, myStockOptions.com will hold a special webinar featuring tax experts who will provide insights on returns involving stock comp and present real-world case studies showing how to use tax information to create better financial plans.
Preventing Tax-Return Mistakes With Stock Comp & Stock Sales
February 15 (2pm–3:40pm ET, 11am–12:40pm PT)
2 CE credits for CPE, EA CFP, CPWA/CIMA, and CEP/ECA
- Stephanie Bucko, CPA, CFA®, Mana Financial Life Design
- Dan Hodgin, CPA, Silicon Valley Tax Group
- Daniel Zajac, CFP®, EA, Zajac Group
- moderator: Bruce Brumberg, JD, editor-in-chief of myStockOptions
A detailed agenda is available at the webinar registration page.
Disclaimer: The news site hosting this press release is not associated with myStockOptions.com. It is merely publishing a press release announcement submitted by a company, without any stated or implied endorsement of the information, product or service. Please refer to a tax attorney or CPA for tax advice.
With award-winning content and tools, myStockOptions.com is an independent and unbiased source of expertise on stock options, restricted stock, restricted stock units, performance shares, stock appreciation rights, and employee stock purchase plans. We specialize in making complex stock compensation topics clearly understandable and relatable, in plain English and with an engaging style. Our audience includes:
– stock plan participants
– financial planners, wealth advisors, and CPAs
– professionals in stock plan administration, human resources, compensation, and finance
– attorneys, corporate counsel, and other members of legal staff
In addition to individual memberships, we also offer corporate services.