Things To Be Considered While Installing A Septic System – Shares Van Isle Septic Company, A ThreeBestRated® Award Winner, Nanaimo
Industry: Home & Residential
British Columbia, Canada (PRUnderground) January 13th, 2023
There are many more things to consider while constructing a home – one of those prominent things is the septic system. Right from the bathroom to the dishwasher, you need a well-constructed septic system to dispose of unwanted water safely and effectively, right? Hence a well-planned septic system is as important as the bedroom, roof, and kitchen for a home. And, you have to keep some prominent things in mind while installing a septic system.
So what are they? Let’s ask an expert.
Brad Butler, the owner of Van Isle Septic who has over 30 years of experience in septic services, and has the highest septic designation in B.C. (one of only 13 to have attained such status), goes on to list the things involved in installing a septic system.
- Site Assessment: This allows the discussion with the owner, the characterization of the site, and the completion of soil and drainage (percolation) testing on the property. Soil investigation is mandatory even before the issuance of construction estimation and commencement of the design work.
- System Design: This step involves the completion of the actual design/plan for the project based on the results of the site assessment, soils, and drainage testing. These individual aspects are used to design suitable septic systems as per the requirements of the SPM. Then a set of design drawings is produced that is suitable for inclusion in the filling package and for use by the installation contractor for the construction of the system.
- Filing With The Health Authority: A system filing package including the design drawings, a plot plan of the property that includes the details of the proposed septic system, an application form, and other miscellaneous documents as required must be submitted to the local Health Authority for registration. Once you are done with the registration, you can begin the construction of the septic system. As each filing is valid for two years, the construction must be completed within this time.
- Construction Review: When the construction of the system begins, the designer will attend the site at predetermined construction milestones to review the installation of the system. These visits ensure that the system is being built as per the plans and recommendations, and are used to authorize any changes, if required, due to unforeseen site conditions.
- Final Documentation: After the construction of the system is complete, a final documentation package including the system maintenance plan, construction record drawing, and a letter of certification must be submitted to the Health Authority. Upon acceptance by the Health Authority, copies of all documentation will be submitted to the owner for their use.
About Van Isle Septic:
Van Isle Septic is a pre-eminent firm providing septic solutions in central Vancouver Island. As a family-owned company, they have a better understanding of their customer’s needs so as to provide a professional, yet friendly service promptly. Brad says “We believe that our customers are an extension of us and our value of “family” is shared with our clients”.
Being service-oriented, they value personal interactions with their customers as they believe that is an important aspect of their company. Their uniqueness is their ability to provide both visual and oral assessments of the tank and the ground conditions upon the customers’ requests. Hence to build a well-planned septic system, talk with them by taping here: https://vanisleseptic.com/
Owing to their commendable service, they have been honored with the ThreeBestRatedⓇ award as one of the top three septic services in Nanaimo, British Columbia. They made their way into the top three by cracking the 50-Point Inspection of ThreeBestRatedⓇ.
They have their own philosophy – “done once, done right”; so they can truly be “Your Friend in the Business”. Besides Septic Tank Maintenance, Pump Outs, Commercial & Residential Services, and Installation, they will provide a yearly assessment of your septic system and measure the level of sludge and the amount of scum in the septic tank to advise you on when to pump it out.
They provide the most comprehensive real estate inspections and their final written reports are clear and informative and professional. Van Isle Septic is registered and qualified to both design and install septic systems, so you can get both the design and installation done by the experts – a doubled benefit.
Three Best Rated® was created in 2014 with the simple goal of finding the top 3 local businesses, professionals, restaurants, health care providers, and everything in-between, in any city. Every business is meticulously handpicked by our employees. We check business’s reputation, history, complaints, ratings, proximity, satisfaction, trust, cost, general excellence, reviews, and more, using our 50-Point Inspection. We only display businesses that are verified by our employees. Other places will call this “hard work” and “unnecessary”. We call it “due diligence” and “the right thing to do”. Our website is updated on a regular basis for quality and the latest business information.
Three Best Rated has the honor of helping 4.5 million customers every month find the best businesses in any city – without any effort!