Tips For Eye Protection From Electric Screens – Shares Reena Patel, M.D., A ThreeBestRated® Eye Doctor, Wichita
Wichita, KS (PRUnderground) January 25th, 2023
Electronic screens are the first sight of the common man these days. From kids to golden-agers, people keep on swiping screens all day long. It is merely unavoidable to detach devices like smartphones and computers from our lives. We have become more dependent on technology for most of our day-to-day activities. Over time, technology can adversely affect the health of our eyes. We need to learn to use technology in a smarter way to help minimize ocular side effects. The 2023 ThreeBestRated® award winner Dr. Reena Patel, M.D. of Wichita Vision Institute is generous enough to educate us on common routines to take care of our eyes. They are as follows:
- Most people do not realize that their blink rate decreases from 20 times a minute to 6 times a minute when on electronic devices. Take sufficient breaks that allow your eyes to blink as it helps keep your eyes moist by reducing dryness and irritation.
- Eyes are not designed for continuous staring. Hence follow the 20–20–20 rule which means staring at an object that is at least 20 feet long for 20 seconds after 20 minutes of continuous focus on electric screens to keep your eyes healthy.
- Know the proper way to use mobile phones — always keep them at a proper distance from your eyes (commonly 8 inches); always have adequate light as the blue rays can affect your sleep patterns in dark conditions; adjust brightness, contrast and text size according to your needs.
- Don’t compromise on sleeping hours as restlessness can seriously affect the health of your eyes.
- Go for regular eye check-ups which help you to know your health condition and find any illness at the earlier stages. Don’t forget to follow proper eye hygiene.
- Double check the quality of screens you use and keep them clean to minimize eye strain.
Use technology smarter without damaging your health, says the expert. It is great to check with professionals like Dr. Reena Patel who is a renowned eye specialist in the regions of Wichita for any of your eye-related problems.
Who Is Dr. Reena Patel, M.D. ?
Dr. Reena Patel, founder of Wichita Vision Institute (WVI), completed her bachelor’s degree at Northwestern University in Evanston and did her medical degree at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha. She has been selected as an “America’s Top Ophthalmologist” by the Consumers’ Research Council of America annually since 2006. As a solo practitioner for over 18 years, Dr. Patel offers personalized care with the latest technology that provides patients with the best outcomes possible. She was given the honor of national volunteer of the year by Operation Sight which is a part of the American Cataract and Refractive Society which offers free cataract care to those in need. She also provides free cataract surgery to the local community through Project Access. Her practice, Wichita Vision Institute, is proud to announce that it is one of the largest minority and women-owned businesses in Wichita as cited in the Wichita Business Journal. All these merits have made her cross the strong 50-Point Inspection of ThreeBestRated® and feature in the listing.
Wichita Vision Institute has recently expanded its dry eye services by offering TearCare® and low-level light therapy (LLLT) in conjunction with intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy to provide even more assistance to patients who suffer from dry eyes. Wichita Vision Institute is the only eye clinic in Wichita to provide the combined treatment of LLLT & IPL, One Touch, TearCare® and LipiFlow®. Dr. Patel is also offering patients the new EVO ICL™ for those patients who would like to be less dependent on glasses and who are not LASIK candidates. Contact her at https://wichitaeyedoc.com/
Wichita Vision Institute provides a variety of services including comprehensive eye care, LASIK surgery, PRK surgery, laser cataract surgery, refractive lens exchange, dry eye treatment, glaucoma treatment, diabetic eye care, and many other services.
ThreeBestRated® is a reputable source for helping consumers find trustworthy businesses as it does not accept money to list a business which allows it to remain impartial. Wichita Vision Institute is honored to be nominated by ThreeBestRated® which helps us improve the visibility of our office and lends WVI more credibility by being compared to other offices and being found to be at the top of the list”, states Dr. Reena Patel, M.D.
Three Best Rated® was created in 2014 with the simple goal of finding the top 3 local businesses, professionals, restaurants, health care providers, and everything in-between, in any city. Every business is meticulously handpicked by our employees. We check business’s reputation, history, complaints, ratings, proximity, satisfaction, trust, cost, general excellence, reviews, and more, using our 50-Point Inspection. We only display businesses that are verified by our employees. Other places will call this “hard work” and “unnecessary”. We call it “due diligence” and “the right thing to do”. Our website is updated on a regular basis for quality and the latest business information.
Three Best Rated has the honor of helping 4 million customers every month find the best businesses in any city – without any effort!