Westchester senior home care by Touching Hearts simplifies daily tasks for seniors with Alzheimer’s
Touching Hearts NYC’s down-to-earth caregivers help Westchester County seniors with their everyday tasks making daily routine fun for both senior and caregiver
New York, NY (PRUnderground) May 10th, 2021
Keeping a sense of normalcy in a senior’s life is a valuable undertaking that promotes stability and warmth. Touching Hearts NYC support a team of in-home care professionals who offer quality care with patience and understanding; it is a service that provides stability in a senior’s life.
Alzheimer’s disease affects not only the seniors who have it but also their loved ones. This mental deterioration does not constitute, in any way, a health problem but a responsibility that, as compassionate caregivers Touching Hearts NYC offers.
The empathic caregivers of Touching Hearts NYC lessen the daily challenges presented by seniors with Alzheimer’s disease in Westchester County. Nowadays, it is hard for a senior’s family member to be available every time their elderly loved one needs them. According to Alzheimer’s Disease Facts and Figures Report, it’s more common for caregivers of people with Alzheimer’s to engage outside services (46%) than other diseases.
Seniors with Alzheimer’s must maintain a consistent activity routine and adjust to their changing capabilities.
Caring for a senior with Alzheimer’s is difficult for many, as it requires a lot of dedication and focus. Having an in-home caregiver for their seniors allows a respite to the family and will enable them to enjoy quality time whenever possible.
Seniors may require following certain routines that may be tedious for family members and, in many cases, time-limited due to jobs, children, and other responsibilities. The following are some of the routines that caregivers of seniors with Alzheimer’s should follow.
1. Communication with medical professionals. Write down questions regarding your senior’s care before an appointment. Have in-home caregivers focus their attention on the well-being of their clients, perhaps becoming more aware than family members of critical issues.
2. Team environment. Engage senior in-home caregivers such as Touching Hearts NYC to work in a team environment. By communicating and exchanging ideas, caregivers can approach senior care with an in-depth understanding of the client’s needs.
3. Interaction. Caregivers use all the trade tricks to gain their senior’s attention, such as speaking slowly, using their name, and giving the seniors time to find the right words to express themselves. Caregivers are not in a hurry to meet the demands of their families; they dedicate all their assigned time to their clients.
4. It is empowering seniors. For Touching Hearts NYC, in-home care is more than caring for seniors; it’s about making daily tasks easier for their charges, preparing meals that are creative and nutritious, keeping the home safe, and using a gentle voice with a smile.
5. Professional caregivers. It takes more than a degree to assist a senior with Alzheimer’s; critical requirements include interpersonal skills, patience, empathy, and camaraderie among caregivers.
Touching Hearts NYC’s senior home care program offers a full range of in-home care services for the elderly, infirm, and disabled in Westchester County. From 24-hour in-home senior care to just a few hours a week, all services can be tailored to a client’s needs and means through discussion via an obligation-free consultation.
About Touching Hearts at Home NYC Area
About Touching Hearts at Home NYC Area – Touching Hearts NYC offers in-home care to aging adults, seniors, and individuals living with medical conditions and disabilities at rates considerably more affordable than care outside the home. The agency is known for Non-Medical Home Care, Companionship and Homemaker services in New York City’s Manhattan, Brooklyn, Westchester, Queens, and Rockland areas. Its focus is on providing person-centered care to help those in need remain in their home, maintain the lifestyle they choose, and feel confident they will be treated with the respect and kindness they deserve.