Register Now for KIDS FIRST! Film Critics Online Boot Camps in June, July and August
If you're passionate about movies and see yourself in front of the camera as an entertainment reporter or actor, look no further, this is the camp for you! This summer, due to the COVID-19 pandemic our KIDS FIRST! Film Critic Boot Camps are all online. The great thing about it is that it doesn’t matter where you live, anyone can attend. You don’t have to live in the city where the camp meets or have to travel.
Los Angeles, CA (PRUnderground) June 5th, 2020
If you’re passionate about movies and see yourself in front of the camera as an entertainment reporter or actor, look no further, this is the camp for you! This summer, due to the COVID-19 pandemic our KIDS FIRST! Film Critic Boot Camps are all online. The great thing about it is that it doesn’t matter where you live, anyone can attend. You don’t have to live in the city where the camp meets or have to travel.
We have three camps meeting for one week each in June, July and August. Each camp meets for 2 hours a day, Monday through Friday. During the camp you will be coached by seasoned professionals and learn to…
- Critique and write film reviews
- Learn how to videotape your reviews
- Interview talent on Zoom and in person
- Promote your YouTube videos
After completing this camp, you’ll be invited to join our KIDS FIRST! Film Critics national team of reporters where you get to watch and review films before they are released, interview celebrities live and online, attend behind-the-scenes events for new film and digital releases.
Sound like what you’re looking for! Go here to register or for additional information.
Camp dates and times
All classes meet 12:00 p.m. to 2 p.m. Eastern Time/ 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. Pacific Time
Class fee is $110. To register, go here: https://forms.gle/zaP1SZ6Q9TUe4e459
What do you do at camp?
- Develop vocabulary and criteria to critique and write reviews.
- Watch, analyze and discuss films.
- Examine behind-the-scenes contributors (directors to editors).
- Review film in written and video format daily.
- Learn how to create videotaped reviews.
- Learn how to record and edit your own reviews in front of a green screen.
- Learn and practice how to interview celebrities online or in person.
- Meet working actors, writers, producers, film critics and other entertainment professionals.
- Work collaboratively with your team members.
- Learn about filmmaking programs that are available to you.
- Share your knowledge with parents, peers and the public.
Check out one of our previous camps!
About KIDS FIRST! / Coalition for Quality Children’s Media
BACKGROUND: KIDS FIRST! Film Festival is a project of the nonprofit Coalition for Quality Children’s Media, founded in 1991, to help teach kids to make positive choices in selecting media for themselves and making them aware of what great media is available for them. KIDS FIRST! Film Festival is a showcase for new and classic children’s films from independent and student filmmakers worldwide in addition to select studio films. For more information, please visit: www.kidsfirst.org.
Our KIDS FIRST! Film Critics is a team of 65 youth reporters, ages 9 to 21, that review the latest films, Digital media, TV shows, and interview the creative talent behind them – actors, directors, animators, composers, cinematographers and more.
KIDS FIRST! Film Critics’ reviews are seen by more than 5 million people every week on the KIDS FIRST! website, social media, YouTube Channel, weekly podcast; plus the are republished by our publishing partners including Kidzworld.com, Kidsville News, GRAND Magazine, SoCal City Kids, Press4Kids and more.